Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wicked Lovely review

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Review from goodreads.


All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one fairy in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see? A debut fantasy romance for the ages; superlative summer read.


My Review:


I am usually not the one for fairy stories but this one was different.I actually enjoyed reading it! I loved the plot and the characters. It was very different from all the fairy related books I have ever read.

Here is Aislinn who is taught for as long as she can remember by her Grams that she is not supposed to attract faeries' attention or let them know that she can see them. She always tries her best to act as if no one is around when in reality lot of creepy faeries are playing with someones hair or laughing around. But when one fairy starts stalking her she gets panicked. Especially a fairy who puts on a glamour of a smoking hot human boy in front of her friends who goes all gaga over him.

Her problems are not solved when she finds out that the fairy is Keenan - the summer king who has been searching for his queen for nine centuries and thinks that Aislinn is the one!Keenan wants Aislinn to be attracted by him and come to him herself to be his queen just like all the other girls had done who he had thought were the summer queens (but were not), but Aislinn has someone else in her mind - Seth.

In the end Aislinn makes the choice - to become the summer queen. But at the same time she stays with Seth too.I loved that the situation between Aislinn and Keenan was completely unpreventable, and yet Aislinn still made the best of it.Keenan is not that happy with Aislinn staying with Seth but he loves someone else too - the winter queen - Donia.

The ending of the book was very sweet and happy (ofcourse...something has to be same about fairy books right?)

I loved all the characters of this book. Aislinn's character was strong and decisive and yet still scared and vulnerable at times. Seth was all tattoos and piercings all over but honest and kind too.Totally stereotype-breaking.

This book is totally worth 5 stars but I gave it 4 because I just thought that in all the awesomeness in this book there was something missing which I can't really point out.Maybe some dialogues, maybe some situations...I just can't point it out. So I am going to let it go for now.

I am going to start the next book in the series - Ink Exchange as soon as I can because Wicked Lovely has so totally increased my curiosity level for all Melissa Marr's books to the point where a wait to long could become agonizing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment