Monday, January 10, 2011

City of Glass review

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars
 
Review from goodreads.

In search of a potion for her dying mother, Clary sneaks into the City of Glass and is immediately caught up in a life-and-death battle. As the children of the Moon (werewolves), Night (vampires), and Faerie gather for a war that will rend the heavens, Clary calls upon her untrained powers to control an angel who will save or destroy them all.

My review :



I hoped that the third book will be as great as the second book before starting it, and guess what? I was not disappointed at all! The book was A-W-S-O-M-E!I loved everything about it! The plot, new characters, twist and turns, all of it.

I was so happy when I found out that Clary and Jace weren't actually related. The book had a happy ending kind of end when everyone was together and happy. I did became a little sad when I found out that Max died ( more like murdered ) but didn't cry ( I usually cry a lot when bad things happen in the book - especially to my favorite characters ), because the book didn't have much of Max in it except that he was Isabelle and Alec's small brother and loved reading books.Clary's mother also came out of her 'coma'.

Also about Sebastian, I thought that he would be a nice guy in the beginning but after his weird angry mood swings on Clary I changed my mind about him.And he did come out as the bad guy in the end - Valentine's real son and Clary's real brother with the demon blood. But our hero Jace killed him. Clary with the help of an Angel killed Valentine too.Jace was also killed and after that I almost closed the book and stopped reading because of that, but I thought that the story can't end without Jace. It will just not be.

And then Clary brought him back to life by asking a favor from the angel.It was all so good.

I have become so attached to the characters and I am so glad that they will live longer than just three books. The fourth book - City of Fallen Angels will come out on April 5, 2011. Now that Valentine is dead and Jace and Clary's sibling problem is gone it's quite hard to guess what the fourth book will be about. I think that it will be about Simon because this time it is Simon and Clary on the book cover.

This time I won't hope that the book should be great I know that it will be great. No doubts about that.

And now the wait for the fourth book starts, every second making the wait for the book more intense than before.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment