Tuesday, January 4, 2011

City of Ashes review

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review from goodreads.

As readers of series starter City of Bones already know, teenager Clary Fray is a Shadowhunter, a demon slayer who has the gift of spotting Downworlder werewolves, vampires, and faeries. She is also an adolescent in an abnormally dysfunctional family: Her mom is in a magically induced coma and her father is probably insane and undoubtedly evil. All of which places Clary in situations that would challenge even the most talented average American girl.

My review :

The second book in The Mortal Instruments series turned out to be really great! The review that I wrote on the City Of Bones book said that the book didn't have the intense romance ( as I called the thing that was little near missing in the book but it can be something else too ) and because of it  I wasn't that happy. But this book has everything! This book actually showed what really was there between Jace and Clary. The second book has the love triangle sort of thing that I had wanted the first book to have. but that doesn't matter. I love the City Of Ashes book's plot and then Simon turning into a vampire made the book more interesting. Now Clary wasn't just in love with her brother but also now her best friend ( and another one whom she possibly loved )was a vampire!This book also had a lot of fighting and action, but I think a little more than the first book had, which also didn't make the book boring.This book is a kind of an ALL ROUNDER - love, jealousy, hate and sooo much more.Like the first book it is exotic and exhilarating but more than it in many ways. The cliffhanger wasn't very agonizing but it did make you want to find out what will happen ahead about Valentina and also about Clary, Jace and Simon's love story. I hope that the third book is as great as this one was.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment