Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cover Crazy 6!

Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by Tawni over at the Bookworms (www.bookworms.com). In this meme you get to tell which book cover you liked the best this week and post your views on it.
The book cover which held my interest this week is the cover of Hereafter by Tara Hudson.

 

As I have already read the book, I know what the water body shown in the cover signifies and even the translucent dress the girl in wearing.The cover is kind of sad, the girl’s ghost standing where she had died, her hair blowing in the wind over her hunched shoulders and her arms stuck at her sides as if she was all alone. The scenery in front of the girl, the river flowing in front of her, being seen through her translucent body shows that the girl in the picture is a ghostly figure and the cover has done a very clever and equally beautiful job in showing the viewer/reader that. The shimmering water, clear blue sky and the dark and mysterious woods shown in the cover really gives off a kind of haunting and a little scary vibe.The font is simple and I don’t know why but the more simple the text is the more I like it. It does’nt mean though, that I absolutely do not like those beautiful twirly kind of fonts too.(I really like the title font of Evernight series of Claudia Grey.)

The story inside this attractive cover is also very enchanting and beautiful. I really enjoyed reading the book as much as I enjoyed having this cover in front of my eyes and taking in it’s details like I do with every book’s cover. The book is based on a romantic love story with a magical ghostly twist to it.

If you haven’t read this book yet, then read it ASAP. You wouldn’t want to miss this story – both for the sake of the new and different in a good way plot and also for its gorgeous cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment