Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cover Crazy 7!

Cover Crazy is a weekly meme hosted by Tawni over at the Bookworms. In this meme you get to tell which book cover you liked the best this week and post your views on it.
The book cover which held my interest this week is the cover of Fateful by Claudia Grey.
The first thing that comes into notice and one of the things about the cover I like the best is the girl’s dress (obviously). It’s long, flurry and old fashioned kind of rusty red gown which really sits on the girl well. Second is the huge moon that is shone, half obscured by the girl’s dress, but still a beautiful sight. The rails in the cover along with the floats shows that that the girl is present on a ship, plus the ice bergs floating around and the old kind of vibe like 1900s the cover gives, gives a little bit if a feeling of Titanic, I guess.  Even if it wouldn’t have been written on the cover, it still would have felt Titanic-style. Maybe it is a story based with Titanic as its plot and surrounding. The cover neatly states ‘a doomed voyage’ and which voyage can be the doomest of all if not the ever famous Titanic? The model is beautiful and from her posture it seems as if she is running from something.  And of course the font. Neat and simple, just the way I like it, most of the time.
I really want the read this book, mainly because of such a beautiful cover and also because Claudia Grey is one of my favorite authors. Plus, the synopsis I read on Goodreads was pretty intriguing. I will soon buy a paperback copy of this book because it has really caught my attention now.  I’ve seen online that many people have read or are currently reading this book and that just fuels the need to read this book in me more than anything else, almost. I am sure I am going to like Claudia Grey’s writing because she hadn’t disappointed me in her Evernight series. So I am really looking forward to reading this book.
Let’s hope when I get this book and finish reading, I will give it 4 stars or more. Because even though I don’t want to hear the ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ thing-y, I really don’t think that a story can really be bad if it has such a nice book cover. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment